This summer I am offering very limited opportunities to join me while shooting at the track. Each opportunity will include:
- Personal instruction, based on your specific needs.
- Technical tips on exposure, lighting and composition.
- Logistics on how to time your day at the track so that you get every possible shot for each race.
- A few "secret" places where the light is magical even in mid-day.
- A discussion on vision - how can you make your images look like art, and not iPhone snaps?
- Follow up advice and critique on processing your images is also included (via email or phone).
- Each day will be limited to a maximum of 3 participants.
Cost per day per attendee: $50.
Use code TRACK10 (all caps) to save $10 off your registration fee.
Friday 5/20/16 - 3:15PM post - Click HERE to register.
Friday 6/10/16 - 3:15PM post - Click HERE to register.
Thursday 7/7/16 - 1:15PM post - Click HERE to register.
Thursday 7/21/16 - 1:15PM post - Click HERE to register.
More dates will be added if these first three fill up.
If you don't see a date that works for you, let me know. I can try to add a date that does.
You will need:
- Camera body and long lens in the 70-200 or 70-300 range, extra batteries and memory cards.
- Very comfortable walking shoes.
- Weather appropriate clothing - it could be blistering hot and sunny or damp and cold, in Chicago, we just never know.
- The ability to stand and also move quickly for at least 3 hours, including climbing up and down stairs.
- Cash to pay for your ticket into the track and for refreshments.
- I'll send you additional details on how to get there and where to meet after you've registered.